How do I add a Kyocera printer to a Mac computer?
Last Update 9 months ago
Your computer must utilize an active wired connection or be connected to BUsecure on WiFi to connect to printers on Bradley's network. The computers must also be Bradley-owned. Personally-owned computers are not allowed to be set up to utilize the University's copiers and printers.
1. Navigate to Bradley's software repository at https://www.bradley.edu/sites/it/help/servicedesk/services/software/
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Download Drivers under Kyocera Copier Drivers.
3. Navigate to the downloaded driver and double-click on the file to open the installer. The installer will create a file folder with the installation package.
4. Open the folder and double-click the .dmg file. Then double-click on the icon that looks like an open box.
5. If there is a warning that the certificate has expired, click Continue to proceed.
6. Run the installer and agree to the terms.
1. Determine the printer's name. Printer names follow the paradigm [building abbreviation][room number]"MFP". For instance, the printer in Baker 110 is named BAK110MFP.
2. Open System Preferences.
3. Select Printers & Scanners.
4. In the lower left-hand corner of the Printers box, click the "+" button. Select the Add Printer option.
5. Click the IP icon in the upper left corner (it resembles a globe).
6. In the address field, enter the printer name in all caps, i.e. BAK110MFP.
7. If not already selected, choose "HP Jet Direct - Socket" from the Protocol menu.
8. Enter "print" in the Queue field.
9. After validation, verify that the Name, Location, and Use fields are accurate. Click Add.
10. The next window will list the printer's options. Leave them as they are and click OK.
Open Kyocera Print Panel:
Open the Kyocera Print Panel application in one of three ways:
- Click on the Launchpad icon in the dock, then click on the Kyocera Print Panel application
- Open Finder > Applications > Kyocera Print Panel
- Click on the Spotlight icon in the menubar and type in Kyocera Print Panel and click to open the application.
Data Collection prompt: click Yes or No to whether or not you agree to allow the application to collect usage data and send it back to Kyocera. No personal data is collected during this process.
Select Your Printer:
If this is your only printer, it will be your only choice. If you have more than one printer, you will need to ensure you select the correct printer. Double-click on your printer.
If you have no printers listed, the printer you added above is not a Kyocera printer. Please contact the Service Desk at 309-677-2964 or email us at [email protected] for more assistance.
Input the user PIN:
1. Once a printer is selected, additional choices in the left pane become usable.
2. Select the Job category
3. Toggle the box for Job Accounting
4. Input the user PIN number (*NOTE* 12345 is not a valid PIN).
5. Click on Apply.
6. Click OK.
Perform a test print (Optional)
After verifying that you can print, the process is complete.