Follow the steps below to connect to a server (similar to mapping a network drive on a Windows PC) on a Mac:
1. From the Desktop, click on Go > Connect to Server... on the menu bar.
2. For Windows network drives, type the address in the Server Address field as follows: smb://servername/data (for example, smb://gemini/data/)
3. Click Browse. You should get a dialog box that says "You are attempting to connect to the server 'servername'."
4. Click Connect to continue.
5. You will be presented with a new dialog box asking you to enter your username and password. Make sure that the radio button next to Registered User is selected.
6. Enter your BUnetID and password in the proper fields. Check the box to Remember this password in my keychain if you don't want to enter your credentials every time.
7. Click Connect.
8. A new Finder window should appear with the files and folders from the location you entered in the previous steps.
If you are unable to connect, make sure that you are connected to BUsecure either by ethernet connection or through the WiFi connection. If you do not have permission to access the drive but need it in order to complete your job duties, you will need to contact the IT Service Desk for access. When requesting access, provide the folder name of the network drive, and NOT the drive letter by itself. A ticket will be assigned to a system admin and they will provide access to the requested drive. You will be notified by email or phone once the permissions have been granted.